The official website of the anime adaptation of Torako and Nozomi Ousaka’s Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!) light novel series has revealed that a new anime film is currently in production and is slated to open on January 6, 2018. Kyoto Animation also began streaming a teaser for the film titled, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Take On Me, on Friday.
Advanced tickets will go on sale on June 17, and those who purchase the tickets will receive one of four clear files.
The new film will be set after the second season and Rikka is now a third-year student, but she still has “chunibyo” syndrome. University entrance exams loom on the horizon, and it’s spring break, and Yūta and Rikka are together as usual. One day, Rikka’s older sister Touka declares that she’s going to take Rikka to Italy with her, as Touka is moving to Italy for work and she thinks they should move together as a family. Yuuta understands Touka’s opinion, but thinks that at this rate he and Rikka will be separated. Shinka and the other members suggest that Yuuta and Rikka should “elope,” and thus sets the stage for Yuuta and Rikka’s travels throughout Japan in their escape drama.
The main cast of the previous anime seasons will return:
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass) returns to voice Yuuta Togashi
- Maaya Uchida (Hiyori Iki from Noragami) who voices Rikka Takanashi
- Chinatsu Akasaki (Akira Aoi from Selector Infected WIXOSS) who voiced Shinka Nibutani
- Azumi Asakura (Yukiho Hagiwara from The [email protected]) who voices Kumin Tsuyuri
- Sumire Uesaka (Anastasia from The [email protected] Cinderella Girls) who voiced Sanae Dekomori
The production staff from the previous anime will also return:
- Director: Tatsuya Ishihara (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hibike! Euphonium)
- Scriptwriter: Jukki Hanada (Love Live! Sunshine!!, Kyoukai no Kanata)
- Anime Character Designer: Kazumi Ikeda (Musaigen no Phantom World, Clannad)
- Art Director: Mutsuo Shinohara (Hibike! Euphonium, Koe no Katachi)
- Color Key Artist: Akiyo Takeda (Hyouka, Nichijou)
- Director of Photography: Akihiro Ura (K-ON!, Free!)
- Music Composer: Nijine (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, D-Frag!)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Clannad, Hibike! Euphonium)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Hibike! Euphonium)
It was also revealed that Japanese pop singer ZAQ will be returning to perform the main theme song of the film. She performed the opening theme “Sparkling Daydream” for the first season and the opening theme “VOICE” for the second season.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! is a Japanese light novel series written by Torako, with illustrations provided by Nozomi Osaka. The work won an honorable mention in the Kyoto Animation Award competition in 2010, leading the company to assume its publication starting in June 2011. A 12-episode anime adaptation by Kyoto Animation aired in Japan between October 4 and December 19, 2012, with six six-minute Lite episodes streamed on YouTube. The anime is licensed by Sentai Filmworks for release in North America. An animated film was released in September 2013, and a second anime season, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, aired between January and March 2014. A second animated film featuring a new story is scheduled for release on January 6, 2018.
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! synopsis:
Yuuta Togashi suffered from chuunibyou while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it… or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment—until the unavoidable, sad event occurs. The event that locks Yuuta into a contract with Rikka Takanashi and disrupts his desperately ordinary life.
Source: Anime News Network